* Change focus person

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
sjubussen
Gold
Family Historian: V7

Change focus person

Post by sjubussen »

I have just imported my TMG database to FH and that worked very well. I intend to go through every singel record to edit every bit of problem i can find. To do this i use the records window and start from the top. The updated column shows me which records have been edited. I have found that selecting a individual in records does not change focus to that person in the focus window, but changes in the other windows. For me that is a bit strange and i wonder if there is a way i can do that? I have included a image of my screen and wonder if it is possible to dock all windows?
Beste regards,
sjubussen
Attachments
2021-07-29.png
2021-07-29.png (220.99 KiB) Viewed 1293 times
tatewise
Megastar

Re: Change focus person

Post by tatewise »

To change Focus click the magnifying glass 'Display in Focus Window' icon at the top of the Property Box and elsewhere such as when a person is selected in the Records Window click the similar icon near the left end of the main toolbar.

No, it not possible to dock those windows but I think FH does remember their position and size when they are reopened.
There is Wish List Ref 534 Preserve all Workspace and Window Characteristics that you can Vote for.

May I suggest you work through the FH Help > Quick Start Guide, the online video tutorials, and associated Help pages.
See FHUG KB Family Historian Documentation for a comprehensive list.
That is just one of the topics in Key Features for Newcomers.
Please, think how long you spent learning to use TMG and devote a similar amount of time to learning FH.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
sjubussen
Gold

Post by sjubussen »

I agree with you about using time to learn this software. I like what i see so far, although i find that not everything is as intuitive as i would like. But as a retired software-engineer with 30 years experience in programming GUI's, one can be quit demanding i suppose. I will probably use the wishlist a lot. :-)
Thanks for your response. ;-)
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

I'm also a retired software engineer and agree that some features of FH are not as intuitive and consistent as they could be.
I suspect that is partly a legacy of its past development phases and not wishing to disturb dialogues too much that would annoy long-established users.
FH is also extremely feature rich and very customisable which leads to more complex dialogues than many other products.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry