* Keep propery box expanded-

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
sjubussen
Gold
Family Historian: V7

Keep propery box expanded-

Post by sjubussen »

Is there a way to keep the sources property box expanded all the time? This will save several mouseclicks for every fact i'm going through.
LornaCraig
Megastar

Re: Keep propery box expanded-

Post by LornaCraig »

I'm not quite sure what you are referring to.

You can only have one Property Box open, so if you are working through facts in the facts tab of an individual's Property Box you can't have a Source Property box open simultaneously. But the 'Sources for' pane which is attached to the Property Box will remain open unless you close it.

And if you use Add Citation or select a source in the 'Sources for' pane and click the Edit Source Citation icon to open the floating Citation window this can remain open.

All of these should retain their position and size for the duration of the working session.
Lorna
sjubussen
Gold

Post by sjubussen »

It is the sources for citation i mean. I have included a image that show what i mean. I want to keep it like this when i move between citations. Hope this makes it more understandable.
Attachments
Win.png
Win.png (32.51 KiB) Viewed 1639 times
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

There is a better way of showing those Source Citation details.
Select the Source and click the Edit Citation button highlighted in orange.
The lower Citation window shows the Source and Citation details together.
Select a different Fact or a different Source and the lower Citation window auto-updates.

See the FH v7 Help pages: The Citation List Pane and Citation Window that also give customization advice.

SourceCitation.png
SourceCitation.png (75.55 KiB) Viewed 1629 times
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
LornaCraig
Megastar

Post by LornaCraig »

Mike has illustrated what I meant when I said you can click the Edit Source Citation icon to open the floating Citation window and this can remain open.

You may need to customise the display in the Main tab of the floating Citation window so that it shows all the details you want without having to switch to other tabs of the Citation window. Ask again if you need guidance on how to do that.
Lorna