* Transfer FH7 to new computer?

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
BEJ
Famous
Family Historian: V7

Transfer FH7 to new computer?

Post by BEJ »

I have searched FH help, the Knowledge Base, and posts---can't find any information about downloading FH7 to a new computer using an existing license. (Most recent topic was from 2015.) Can anyone direct me to a resource that will enable me to begin using FH7 on my new laptop?
tatewise
Megastar

Re: Transfer FH7 to new computer?

Post by tatewise »

See the KB Family Historian Copy and Migration Guide which explains everything.
The Preparation section refers to the FH v7 installation download. Install it using the same FH account and activation code as you used on your old PC.

Alternatively, you could copy the FH v7 download from your old PC to the new PC, then install and activate it as before.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
BEJ
Famous

Post by BEJ »

Thanks. I found that resource. However, my question is how to download a new copy of fh7 (I think I understand backup and restore). When I login to FH and try to download the software, it creates a charge in the checkout basket. I want to use my existing license.
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

As I said, in the Preparation section, for FH v7 it links to the Family Historian Installation Guide that answers your questions and provides the download. Have you used that link and followed the two instruction steps?
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
BEJ
Famous

Post by BEJ »

I was using the download page (https://www.family-historian.co.uk/downloads). The other page worked. Thanks.