* Custom Queries

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
AshbyC
Silver
Family Historian: V6

Custom Queries

Post by AshbyC »

Hi

I bought a new computer and installed Family Historian v6 and then uploaded copies of my projects from the old computer. The only things missing on the newly installed version are two custom queries that I'd made some time ago. I can't see a saved copy anywhere on the old machine so have I lost these now? Or are they lurking somewhere not very obvious? I hope so, it would save having to make them again :D

Thank you.
ColeValleyGirl
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: Custom Queries

Post by ColeValleyGirl »

If you still have the old machine, you can copy them from C:\ProgramData\Calico Pie\Family Historian\Queries\Custom or the equivalent.

The Backup and Restore Family History Settings will let you transfer all customisations (and save them in case of future problems when they might not be so readily available). Mike Tate (the author) will no doubt be along in a minute to explain how useful it is.
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Post by tatewise »

Welcome to the FHUG.

See the FHUG Knowledge Base Family Historian Copy and Migration Guide for full details of migrating from PC to PC.

See posting Re: Possible corruption of Calico Pie file that explains the Backup and Restore Family Historian Settings plugin.

The C:\ProgramData\Calico Pie\Family Historian\ folder may be hidden, so see Family Historian Program Data Folder for how to reveal that folder.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
AshbyC
Silver
Family Historian: V6

Post by AshbyC »

Thank you both (apologies for slow reply) - will give everything a go :D

Update: Success! Easy when you know how :lol: