* Printing Diagrams

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
goshawks2
Family Historian: V7

Printing Diagrams

Post by goshawks2 »

I am new to the forum.The new version 7 is causing me a problem. I can not print a tree chart over 7 pages. It comes up as save to a PDF which I do not wish to do and when I delete this then the displayed print box goes as well.
Jane
Site Admin

Re: Printing to A3

Post by Jane »

Have you checked File>Print Set Up you have your Printer selected and not a PDF Printer.
Jane
My Family History : My Photography "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
tatewise
Megastar

Re: Printing Diagrams

Post by tatewise »

Welcome to the FHUG.

When you say 'print' do you mean print on paper via a physical printer, or save to file for printing later or sending by Email?

Please explain exactly what commands you are using to print the Diagram.
Do not use the Diagram menu from the centre of the menubar, which only saves to file.
Use File > Print... and check the Printer Name is a physical printer and not Family Historian PDF.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
goshawks2

Post by goshawks2 »

Thanks for you comments - problem solved. The new version 7 seems to default to PDF and I need to change it to my printer every time -R
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

I suggest you check your Windows Default Printer setting, because I think FH defaults its Print Setup to that setting.

I can set the FH File > Print setup to use say Family Historian PDF but whenever I reopen FH it reverts to my Windows Default physical HP Photosmart printer.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry