* Printing to A3

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
rfj1001
Superstar
Family Historian: V7

Printing to A3

Post by rfj1001 »

I am trying to print a series of customised descendant diagrams onto A3 (portrait). If I have 'Show Page Boundaries' enabled I can see that most of the diagrams are calculated to requires 2 pages - side-by-side - to print. Once printed, the box sizes are generously large so I know, with a bit of tweaking, I can get the printed image on one page.

In photoshop, it is easy, you have the option of 'fit to page' or to reduce/expand by a certain percent until you have the desired result.

I can't seem to find a process or way, to do the same in FH, ideally as a customised setting or, if not, for each diagram I create.

All FH setting for diagrams will be set to default

Can anyone help out please.

Thanks
Jane
Site Admin

Re: Printing to A3

Post by Jane »

Jane
My Family History : My Photography "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
rfj1001
Superstar

Post by rfj1001 »

Hi Jane,

I had tried it. I can get through Part 1 easy enough and I can successfully do the first three bullets of Part 2 so I've got the top left hand corner optimally positioned.

As soon as I grab the Bottom Right Hand corner of the page, bullet 4, all page boundaries move and there is no scale figure bottom left. I've tried a few times with the same effect :( Am I doing something wrong?

I did find Diagram/Layout & Scaling/Diagram Scale where you can set a percent and iteratively look at the resultant diagram - only disadvantage is the percent window closes for the diagram to be resized and you have to go back through the menus to try again until youve optimised it.
LornaCraig
Megastar

Post by LornaCraig »

Did you spot that at bullet point 4 you need to grab the bottom right corner of the page with the right mouse button? It's the right button that changes the size of the page relative to the diagram. (Actually it changes the size of the diagram relative to the page, but on the screen it's the page size which appears to change.) The left button just moves the pages.
Lorna
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

Just to be clear you can grab & drag any corner of any page, but the left mouse button moves all the page boundaries, while the right mouse button adjusts the Scale.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
rfj1001
Superstar

Post by rfj1001 »

LornaCraig wrote: 21 Jul 2021 18:21 Did you spot that at bullet point 4 you need to grab the bottom right corner of the page with the right mouse button?
Thanks Lorna - my only possible excuse for not reading the instructions properly is the heat :)