* creating a book

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
Linjon
Silver
Family Historian: V6

creating a book

Post by Linjon »

Is there a way of including information in Notes into the book?
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: creating a book

Post by tatewise »

Which particular Notes did you have in mind? ~ there are a great many in various positions.

You can include any Report in a Book and most Reports have various Options for including most Notes.
Also, Narrative Report sentences are derived from Sentence Templates that can include {note} or {%FACT.NOTE2%} codes.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
Linjon
Silver
Family Historian: V6

Post by Linjon »

I think what I'm trying to say is that I would like to be able to add my own narrative to add more flesh to the bones of the facts in the book, in my own words. For example, I have an ancestor who was placed in an orphanage for destitute and motherless children. I have letters, documents etc. which tell the very sad circumstances which led to this happening. I would like this story to be included in the book as a detailed account, not just dates and facts.
Jane
Site Admin
Family Historian: V7

Post by Jane »

I would add that as a note to the facts or as a miscellaneous custom fact with note, so it can be included into the narrative timeline. Another option is add it as a note for the individual, which again will be included in a narrative report.
Jane
My Family History : My Photography "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."