* Displaying ID and Relationship in Diagrams

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
Linda Lou
Silver
Family Historian: V7

Displaying ID and Relationship in Diagrams

Post by Linda Lou »

Hello,
This is my first post so apologies if I'm in the wrong place. I have FH7 and I wanted to add the ID and relationship to the text scheme in my diagram. I cloned the current scheme and made the changes which worked. However, when I next open the diagram, the scheme reverts back to the original scheme. How can I make my scheme the default? I've tried to find an answer in the knowledge base but this forum is huge!
Thanks in advance.
tatewise
Megastar

Re: Displaying ID and Relationship in Diagrams

Post by tatewise »

Welcome Linda.

With the Diagram displayed, open Diagram > Options > Text tab and check the required Text Scheme is selected.
Is the Remember Options ticked bottom left?

With the desired Text Scheme selected, Remember Options ticked, and after you click OK it should apply to all Diagrams.

Another technique is to use Diagram > Save Diagram As > Custom Diagram Type... and give it a memorable Name, that can be displayed via the Charts > Custom Diagrams command.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
Linda Lou
Silver

Post by Linda Lou »

Hi Mike,
Thanks for your response and help. I'll use the menu in future. If I right click on the diagram and select options, the 'Remember options' box doesn't appear anywhere in any of the options tabs. There is a greyed out button called 'Set as defaults' but that doesn't work, either. I can select 'remember options' if I use the menu.
Cheers,
Lyn
Linda Lou
Silver

Post by Linda Lou »

Hi Mike,

I've just tried using the menu and it won't save the current diagram options, either. I will use your second suggestion. There's always more than one way to do something!

Cheers
Lyn
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

The Set as defaults... option only appears in the Everyone Diagram. Is that what you are displaying?
It should not be greyed out but is a blue clickable link.

The standard Ancestor, Descendant, Ancestor & Descendant and All Relatives diagrams should have Remember Options tick box.

Certainly, the Diagram > Save/Restore Options > Save Current Diagram Options command should work.

However, that the options won't save via various techniques may indicate a more serious problem that needs investigating.
Linda Lou
Silver

Post by Linda Lou »

Hi Mike,

The Set as Defaults appears in all diagrams but the Remember options doesn't appear anywhere. I saved it as a custom diagram and that works. I'll have to email FH to sort this out, I think.

Thanks for your help.

Lyn
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

Lyn, are you sure you have FH v7.0.5 installed and not FH v6.2.7 which has a Save as Default check box in all Diagrams?
Linda Lou
Silver

Post by Linda Lou »

Mike,

I definitely have FH v7.0.5 installed. I didn't do an upgrade from v6.2.7 (which had the save as default check box) but bought a new copy of the software. I liked the save as default which is why I want it to work. I'll send Calico Pie an email tomorrow and see if they can help.

Cheers,
Lyn
Linda Lou
Silver

Post by Linda Lou »

Hi Mike,

My problem has mostly solved itself so I'm happy. All I had to do was close the program and go back in again! The only diagrams it doesn't work in is the Everyone diagram and the All Relatives plus Indirect Relatives so I can use the workaround you gave me to make it work in those diagrams.

Many thanks for your help.

Lyn
ColeValleyGirl
Megastar

Post by ColeValleyGirl »

Lyn, rather than an email use CP's ticket system
Linda Lou
Silver