* Note Window

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
laz_gen
Famous
Family Historian: V7

Note Window

Post by laz_gen »

Newly upgraded to FH7.

I was running FH6.2 on Win 7 and now have FH7.0.5 on a new Win 10 laptop.

Still getting used to things new and different but have noticed something missing. The "Right Click" menu within a note window no longer has a "Select All" function. It is there in FH6.2 but not in FH7.

I can't seem to find anything in the preferences to enable this so can someone confirm this feature has been removed.

I know I can perform the same function with Ctrl-A but it seems a backward step to remove a universal Windows function like this.

Robin
tatewise
Megastar

Re: Note Window

Post by tatewise »

Robin, I had not noticed that option had vanished. There is no way to customise those options and as you say Ctrl+A works.

The FH v6.2 plain text edit window can still be opened with Ctrl+Alt and double-click or click [...] on the original Note box.
That edit window still has right-click Select All.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
laz_gen
Famous

Post by laz_gen »

I didn't know about the Ctrl+Alt double click feature to access the old style note box, that could prove useful.
laz_gen
Famous

Post by laz_gen »

Raised a support ticket for CP to consider.

Funnily enough the message window where I was entering my message to CP has a right click menu containing a "Select All" function, so why shouldn't FH7 have the same feature.