* FHv7 - Source for National Probate Calendar

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
Catherine
Silver
Family Historian: V7

FHv7 - Source for National Probate Calendar

Post by Catherine »

I'm just starting to use FHv7 and I would like to enter information from the National Probate Calendar but I'm not sure how to record the source . Is there is a specific template I can use to create sources/citations for the National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations)? I anticipate it would look something like the source template Civil Registration Index in as much as there is a section for the source record and one for the citation specific details. So far I have installed only the Essentials collection of templates but cannot see one in the Advanced Collection. Thank you in advance for your help.
ColeValleyGirl
Megastar

Re: FHv7 - Source for National Probate Calendar

Post by ColeValleyGirl »

Have a look at the Testamentary Record template in the Essentials collection.
AdrianBruce
Megastar

Post by AdrianBruce »

I guess this is one of those occasions when a head for Scottish vocabulary might help...

I just looked in the index of Ian G MacDonald's Referencing for Genealogists - Sources and Citation - nothing under Wills or Probate. Actually, there's nothing under Testamentary in the index either. :? You have to look in the Contents, to find Nominal Records - Referencing testamentary records. So, it's the rather more Scottish term of Testament that is the driving word here...
Adrian
Catherine
Silver

Post by Catherine »

Thank you Helen and Adrian for your help and also for the interesting explanation. The Testamentary Record template is just what I need but I don't think I would have found it on my own! Thank you again :D