* Relationship to Root on Chart

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
normandowns
Gold
Family Historian: V7

Relationship to Root on Chart

Post by normandowns »

I currently have a text scheme which shows the relationship to root on my chart, but can't figure out a way to omit it for the root person, so that it doesn't display the relationship as "My root".

Can someone come to my rescue?

Regards, Norman
tatewise
Megastar

Re: Relationship to Root on Chart

Post by tatewise »

I would expect it to say just root not My root or perhaps you have added the prefix My to the Template.
I guess in your Text Scheme you have chosen one of the predefined Relationship to ... items or perhaps you have selected one of the Names, Dates, How related to ... standard Text Schemes.

Anyway, on the Diagram > Options > Text tab, select the Text Scheme and click Edit Text Scheme... or if you would prefer to keep the change separately use Clone... and then edit the custom copy.
In the Used Items list locate the Relationship to ... item and click Edit button below.

Change the Template to use the =TextIf( ... ) function to conditionally call the =Relationship( ... ) function:
My =TextIf( IsSameItem(%INDI%,FileRoot()), , Relationship(FileRoot(),%INDI%,TEXT,1) )
i.e.
If the current Individual %INDI% is the same as the FileRoot() then display nothing otherwise use Relationship function.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
normandowns
Gold

Re: Relationship to Root on Chart

Post by normandowns »

Thanks Mike, that worked just fine.

I had realised that I needed to use =TextIf() but wasn't getting the syntax right to make it work.

Regards, Norman