* Media linked to sources

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile
Wilfreda99
Diamond
Family Historian: V7

Media linked to sources

Post by Wilfreda99 » 06 Apr 2021 15:11

I've been sorting through files and have piles of paper source records. Before I chuck them I would like to check that I have the digital equivalent attached to the relevant source. I have added a column 'other' but cannot work out which is the relevant data expression there are so many to choose from - ie the ref as displayed in the picture: BARDELL Ann par bap 1803.
I have several where there is more than one media record, presumably that would add to the complexity. However I could sort through those manually if required, some of them look to be duplicates anyway.
I tried doing a query but the same problem presented.
Thanks in anticipation
Chris
query re media for a source.jpg
query re media for a source.jpg (197.1 KiB) Viewed 234 times

tatewise
Megastar

Re: Media linked to sources

Post by tatewise » 06 Apr 2021 15:45

Do you see that the field you want to display is called 'Media Record'.
When you click <<Insert Data Ref... choose the entry Media Record> that matches the name of the field.
That gives you %SOUR.OBJE[1]>% which is the 1st Media Record.

To list the 2nd Media Record, repeat the process but manually change the index [1] to [2]

In a Source type Query the Column tab Fields on the left will offer the same option.
The advantage of a Query is the entry is a clickable link that will open and display the Media Record image.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry

Wilfreda99
Diamond

Re: Media linked to sources

Post by Wilfreda99 » 08 Apr 2021 15:17

Brilliant, many thanks for both suggestions. I'll probably use the query version as it gives me the link.
No excuse not to get cracking now! :D