* Individual Timeline report - he/his she/her incorrect

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile
ganstey
Diamond
Family Historian: V7

Individual Timeline report - he/his she/her incorrect

Post by ganstey » 05 Apr 2021 19:08

Having entered a lot of military information regarding my father I wanted to generate a timeline for him, and noticed that the "Individual Timeline" report is built in. Brilliant! However when the report is generated I get entries such as: "He Military Rank was 'Sapper' on 26 April 1939". This only appears to happen for facts entered using the Military fact set (downloaded from here). I've tried changing the code for the sentence to "Name of Individual (or His/Her)" but this doesn't seem to make any difference. Is this a bug or is it something I've configured incorrectly? The sentences appear correctly in the Individual Narrative Report, so this seems to be a problem restricted to the Individual Timeline report.

tatewise
Megastar

Re: Individual Timeline report - he/his she/her incorrect

Post by tatewise » 05 Apr 2021 20:22

The problem is in the =FactSentence(...) function used by the Individual Timeline report but not confined to that report. I can get similar effects for any facts that use the {individual's} code in their Sentence Template when the function is used in a Query or anywhere else that functions are allowed.

It seems the =FactSentence(...) function is misinterpreting the {individual's} code as if it is the {individual} code.

That is a fault that needs to be reported to Calico Pie via http://www.calico-pie.com/osticket/open.php
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry

ganstey
Diamond

Re: Individual Timeline report - he/his she/her incorrect

Post by ganstey » 07 Apr 2021 12:50

Thanks Mike. I'll report to CP as you suggest.