* Need orginal record entry dates

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
Robert Jacobs
Famous
Family Historian: V7

Need orginal record entry dates

Post by Robert Jacobs »

Is there a query or plug-in which will enable me to see when individuals were first added to FH7? The last edited date isn't quite what I need.

Thanks!
Mark1834
Megastar

Re: Need orginal record entry dates

Post by Mark1834 »

Sorry Robert - no record is kept of when an individual was first added. All I can think of is defining a custom fact, and either filling it in yourself or creating new individuals via a simple plugin that logs the date. Neither option sounds particularly elegant.
Mark Draper
Robert Jacobs
Famous

Post by Robert Jacobs »

Thank you, Mark. I feared that was the case. Fortunately, the last edited date will identify most of the people in whom I'm interested.
johnmorrisoniom
Megastar

Post by johnmorrisoniom »

You could also create a whole person lumped source called " Individual Added" and use the citation date as today's date, then that can be used in a query.
Robert Jacobs
Famous

Post by Robert Jacobs »

Thank you for the suggestion.

I should have specified in my original post that the problem is retrospective rather than prospective: the people I wish to identify had already been entered into FH7 over the last forty-five days. A cousin has asked me for a GEDCOM for those people. There are only twenty-seven such entries and I think I've found them all.

I don't anticipate a need to do this again. I do wonder whether the date a record was initially established might be a useful thing for FH7 and other genealogical programs ought to maintain automatically. If one were maintaining the same data in two different genealogical programs it might reduce the number of steps needed to synchronize the programs.
Mark1834
Megastar

Post by Mark1834 »

There is a tag designed to do exactly that. _UID (unique ID) is intended as a “universal identifier”, which confirms that the John Smith in one app is exactly the same person as the John Smith in another. Unfortunately, not all apps (including FH) support it. FH will store it if it imports a GEDCOM from an app that uses it, such as RootsMagic, but doesn’t know what it is or generate its own.
Mark Draper
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

Whenever a new Individual record is added it will be allocated the next sequential Record id.
So any batch of new records will have consecutive Record Id.
So if you can identify one of the batch, then the others will be adjacent in a Record id sorted list.

If a record is deleted its Record Id ceases to exist but is never reallocated, so there may be gaps in the sequence.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
Robert Jacobs
Famous

Post by Robert Jacobs »

Dear Mike,

Thank you. It was in fact the FH7 Record IDs which eased the problem. I was able to cross-check them with my RM7 ID numbers. I've abandoned RM7 in favor of Family Historian, mostly because I found the developing RM8 uncongenial.

The cousin I mentioned doesn't care for RM8 either, but is sticking with RM7 — that's why I needed the GEDCOM.

Robert