* How Related - show the female Apex/common ancestor

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
jimlad68
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

How Related - show the female Apex/common ancestor

Post by jimlad68 »

This slightly relates back to Recording DNA matches in Family Historian (16659)

"How related" report shows the Apex/common ancestor as the Male of a marriage/partnership. Now, especially when considering DNA connections, and in most other situations, surely the Apex person should be the female. In the case of a DNA connection, one can be far more sure of the female than the male.

Is there a way to show the female as well as or instead of the male?
I know the "How related diagram" shows male and female, but that is not easy to copy the text.
Jim Orrell - researching: see - but probably out of date https://gw.geneanet.org/jimlad68
CJGK497
Family Historian: V6.2

Re: How Related - show the female Apex/common ancestor

Post by CJGK497 »

Funny this should have come up recently, as I have just found the need for the same facility. If anyone can suggest a work-around, I would be grateful.
jimlad68
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Post by jimlad68 »

The only answer I have found is to add the apex female to the report. A bit of a pain, but the added advantage is it makes the Apex/common ancestor more obvious.

I think I was hoping for some solutions too, so next step would be to add to the wishlist.
Jim Orrell - researching: see - but probably out of date https://gw.geneanet.org/jimlad68
CJGK497
Family Historian: V6.2

Post by CJGK497 »

Just for completeness, if the common ancestor is a female who married twice, the common ancestor between descendants of the two marriages is given, correctly, as just that female and neither of her husbands.