* New Reports

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
Wilfreda99
Diamond
Family Historian: V7

New Reports

Post by Wilfreda99 »

I'm researching my grandfather's career as an opera singer and film star in the 1920 and 30s and have gathered reems of information. I was thinking of displaying it in a spreadsheet/table, listing date and then production info etc but I am wondering if some of the new reports, eg 'Calendar', 'scrapbook'. 'timeline' might be a better way. Could the calendar report show info such as place, theatre, production, role rather than life dates as in the example? Could I intersperse the calendar pages, perhaps with the scrapbook report, to show notes, pictures etc?

I will be buying the new version but was going to get on with this project before I get too diverted into all the new stuff.
tatewise
Megastar

Re: New Reports

Post by tatewise »

So you are sticking with FH V6 for the moment but aware of some new reports in FH V7.
The three new reports you mention are actually implemented as Report Plugins that can be rewritten to suit yourself.
You just have to learn the Plugin language Lua and how they interact with FH.

As usual with this type of enquiry, understanding how your data can be reported may alter the way you enter the data.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
Wilfreda99
Diamond

Re: New Reports

Post by Wilfreda99 »

OK, thanks. I think I will buy version 7 and have a play to see what I could do. There's no great hurry, though I have a feeling that writing a plug in will be beyond me.