* Reverting to V6 from V7

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
MartinB
Gold
Family Historian: V7

Reverting to V6 from V7

Post by MartinB »

Hi all, having experienced huge problems trying to print reports in V7, after the upgrade, (see that discussion in another topic viewtopic.php?f=32&t=18533&hilit=v7+new ... s&start=50 ) I've now reverted to Version 6. I've had a couple of problems with the regression and would to share these and other tips in case anyone else goes through the same experience. Is there anywhere I could submit my findings? Has anyone else done this? TIA.
ColeValleyGirl
Megastar

Re: Reverting to V6 from V7

Post by ColeValleyGirl »

Apply for an editor's account on the Knowledge Base and draft an article for review?
Mark1834
Megastar

Post by Mark1834 »

I did that recently for a couple of topics. You will need to read the section on KB on adding new material, but the actual process of drafting the text is very straight forward. I had never used WordPress (the software used for creating pages) before, but picked it up very quickly. It's no more difficult than writing in MS Word or a similar modern word processor.
Mark Draper
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

Martin, did you see Uninstall Version 7 and revert to Version 6 (18723) where I advised on the process.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
MartinB
Gold

Post by MartinB »

Thanks to everyone who replied. I will certainly look to draft an article and get it added to the Knowledge Base at some point (when I think I've identified most of the wrinkles I'm experiencing). Whilst looking for answers to specific reversion problems very recently I did come across the Backup and Restore Family Historian Settings plugin which looks incredibly useful, I'll need to study it in more depth, but of course I wasn't using it with my 'old' V6 installation. It seems like this plug-in should be one of the first things all FH users should consider, such that in the event of problems we can all get back to where we were. Thanks again.