* V7 icons in diagrams ~ how to add them

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile
JayBee
Family Historian: V7

V7 icons in diagrams ~ how to add them

Post by JayBee » 13 Jan 2021 09:40

Please can you tell me how to put the icons on next to the boxes? I would also like to know how I can put an icon on to show that I have DNA matches with someone. I am a very basic user even though I have used Family Historian for years. I’m just hopeless at understanding the help information. Many thanks, Judith

tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V6.2

Re: V7 icons in diagrams ~ how to add them

Post by tatewise » 13 Jan 2021 10:04

Welcome to the FHUG Jay.

I have started a new topic for this as it is not really related to Icon spacing.
It is more closely related to Icons in diagrams V6.2 (18663) that you may want to read through.

See the Using Icons and Worked Examples in the Knowledge Base article Using Icons.

The most important thing you need to consider is what you want the Icons to indicate.
Typically they show you have fully researched the Birth, Marriage, Death, or Census year and added a Source Citation.
When you have a clear idea of what Icons you want and their criteria, we can help set them up.

In order to add Icons for DNA matches, there must be DNA data recorded against each person in your Project.
Exactly what have you got recorded? Facts? Flags?
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry

JayBee
Family Historian: V7

Post by JayBee » 13 Jan 2021 10:27

I have recorded BMD details and whether I have certificates and also census details, but unsure as to how to record DNA matches.

tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V6.2

Post by tatewise » 13 Jan 2021 10:38

I suggest you keep this thread going for adding Icons, and start a new thread for how to record DNA matches, because until you have that data recorded you cannot add Icons.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry