* Teeny tiny icons and Navigation Bar

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile
janelucas
Family Historian: V7

Teeny tiny icons and Navigation Bar

Post by janelucas » 13 Jan 2021 06:21

I am a new user with the trial Version 7. So far it looks like great software. I do have a big problem with the tiny size of the icons. I have figured out how to adjust the size of the text of the data, but the icons are so tiny that sometimes I don't even notice they are there, or I have to mouse over to read them. The other area with the same problem is the Navigation Bar on the left. For a long time I didn't even know it was there, even then it was too small and narrow to be useful.

Strangely, the icons in "The Tour" are normal size and I can read them and the Navigation Bar is also useful. They look good.

I am using a Dell laptop with Windows 10 that is about a year old and is an Inspiron 13 7000 series. I tried changing the display settings at the Windows settings area, but it changes it for all the other programs when this is the only program that has this problem.

I really, really want this to work! There must be a way and I can't be the only one with this problem. Thanks so much for your help.
Jane Lucas

NickWalker
Megastar

Re: Teeny tiny icons and Navigation Bar

Post by NickWalker » 13 Jan 2021 07:06

Have you looked at Tools->Preferences->Display and then the toolbar size and some of the other settings on that screen?
Nick Walker
Ancestral Sources Developer

http://www.ancestralsources.com

janelucas

Re: Teeny tiny icons and Navigation Bar

Post by janelucas » 14 Jan 2021 04:30

Thanks so much, Nick. Yes, I already have it set to Big, and Below Bar and that helped a bit. I have a screenshot as an example but I spent an hour and a half last night trying to reduce the file size so I could attach it here. I'll have another go at it now. Thanks again, Nick.