* Showing second marriages on charts

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile
rlparsons
Gold
Family Historian: V6.2

Showing second marriages on charts

Post by rlparsons » 12 Jan 2021 12:24

I have a pair of sisters who married the same man - legally I should add as the first sister died.
After a file cleanup and a couple of corrections (thanks Mike) charts now show the two marriages with two separate boxes each for the husband married to the individual wives and a hoop-link for the two husband boxes i.e. four boxes. The individual records each have the correct Id's and there is no duplication on the records table.
Previously this second marriage on other diagrammes (different trees) shows as one spouse and two connected partners i.e.three boxes.
The only thing different I can think of is that the husband is not a blood relative of the root person.
Am I missing something, please?
The reason I am asking is to clarify if my recent "records recovery" has left me with some sort of residual problem!

tatewise
Megastar

Re: Showing second marriages on charts

Post by tatewise » 12 Jan 2021 12:40

It is a bit difficult to answer without seeing the Diagram and the relationship to the Root, etc.

You say it is OK in other Diagrams with a different Diagram Root, so your explanation is probably correct.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry

rlparsons
Gold

Post by rlparsons » 13 Jan 2021 17:04

I have replicated this situation a couple of times and confirmed that this alternative type of diagram link and appearance of duplicate box occurs when the person is not a blood relative.
Solved!

tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise » 13 Jan 2021 17:36

Those links are referred to as duplicate coloured ribbons.
They are governed by Diagram > Options > General tab Check for duplicates and Options... button lower left.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry