* Remove [no text] from Bibliography

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
t4ms
Platinum
Family Historian: V7

Remove [no text] from Bibliography

Post by t4ms »

Hi,

My apologies if this has been asked and answered before but I couldn't find it doing a search. I've been a FH user for a while now but, with the introduction of the new citation features, I've started to use the reports.

I'm citing my own memories as 'Personal reminiscence of the author' in keeping with my university guidelines. This is a footnote/short footnote but is not part of the bibliography.

When I generate a report I get [no text] in the bibliography. How do I remove this?

Cheers.
tatewise
Megastar

Re: Remove [no text] from Bibliography

Post by tatewise »

A similar problem cropped up in the FH Email list at https://groups.io/g/family-historian/topic/78948214 entitled Format Citation in reports.

It involved a complex setup in Tools > Preferences > Sources then Generic Source Formats... then Customize.

It also involved Report > Options > Sources tab settings.

We will need to see your settings for those and the Bibliography and some sample source data.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
t4ms
Platinum

Re: Remove [no text] from Bibliography

Post by t4ms »

Thank you Mike for your excellent response.

As this is will be quite a complex procedure I am going to wait until I have the time to digest the linked thread without interruptions. It isn't something urgent but I will want to sort it eventually.

I've bookmarked this thread and I'll get back to you.

Thanks again!
The footnote would seem to be the smallest detail in a work of history. Yet it carries a large burden of responsibility, testifying to the validity of the work, the integrity (and the humility) of the historian, and to the dignity of the discipline.