* In a top down diagram, after two levels, I want to stack the children rather than side by side

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
badaripanu
Family Historian: V6

In a top down diagram, after two levels, I want to stack the children rather than side by side

Post by badaripanu »

In FH 6.2, I have a diagram that is 6 levels deep and is unwieldy. Can I create a diagram where for three levels all siblings are side by side(currently FH does this for top-down diagrams) and then show the siblings one below the other?
davidf
Megastar
Family Historian: V6.2

Re: In a top down diagram, after two levels, I want to stack the children rather than side by side

Post by davidf »

That sounds like a bit like a Waterfall chart?

See Eastmans Online Genealogy Blog Preview of FH7 !

David
Running FH 6.2.7. Under Wine on Linux (Ubuntu 22.04 LTS + LXDE 11)
wulliam
Famous
Family Historian: V7

Re: In a top down diagram, after two levels, I want to stack the children rather than side by side

Post by wulliam »

I don't think this is quite what you want, but it may provide some ideas:

http://imwe.co.uk/temp/temp.png

Most of these lines of text you can see can be toggled on and off by means of a flag which controls the relevant expression. I can tell you more if you wish, although virtually all of the ideas are Mike's.
William
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

This has been discussed before with varying degrees of success.
What I don't understand is with 6 generations how can you list siblings vertically at generation 4.
Where are generations 5 and 6 displayed?

See discussion threads:
Diagram - condense list of siblings (6236)
How to display multiple children neatly (9415)
Adding children below their Mother in a diagram (15500)

See download fhugdownloads:contents:condensed_siblings|> Diagram Text Scheme ~ Condensed Siblings.

See Wish List entry Ref 477 Show 'end of Branch' siblings vertically that you can Vote for.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
jimlad68
Megastar

Post by jimlad68 »

I find for the best use of space, and for printing, especially if you have to stitch pages, the standard Orientation = Left-Right works a treat.
Jim Orrell - researching: see - but probably out of date https://gw.geneanet.org/jimlad68