* Network Installation

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
GraGard
Silver
Family Historian: V6

Network Installation

Post by GraGard »

I have been using the free trial of FH but now wish to purchase a key but would like qualification on a couple of questions.

1. Can the Data Files be stored on a network drive or a cloud storage like Dropbox?

2. Does the licence permit the software to be installed on two computers each with access to the data files held on a network drive?

I normally use a family shared pc but high demand results in having to revert to an old laptop. All of my other software allows cloud storage so although the old laptop is a little limited, I am able to continue working. Therefore I would like to use this workflow for FH
Thanks
LornaCraig
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: Network Installation

Post by LornaCraig »

1. Yes. The Family Historian Projects folder can be located anywhere you like.

2. Yes, provided the arrangement is for your personal use. This is from the single user Licence Agreement:
The Software must not be installed on more than one computer at any one time, except that, subject to all other conditions, you may install it onto 2 computers (and no more than 2) if both computers are owned and kept by you, and no more than one person ever uses the software at any one time.
Lorna
davidf
Megastar
Family Historian: V6.2

Re: Network Installation

Post by davidf »

Presumably though you need to add the caveat that the program or more accurately the data files are not designed for simultaneous use by more than one user!

Plus preferences and customisations are installation independent.
David
Running FH 6.2.7. Under Wine on Linux (Ubuntu 22.04 LTS + LXDE 11)