* Coloured Lines on Tree

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
robwiltsher
Silver
Family Historian: V6

Coloured Lines on Tree

Post by robwiltsher »

Hope somebody can help ? I have literally hundreds of coloured lines all over my family tree, linking duplicates throughout the tree but there appear to be no duplicates in my list of people. Do I have to start again or do I have to go through every case where the lines exist ? Any assistance gratefully received. Thanks :D
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: Coloured Lines on Tree

Post by tatewise »

Hi Rob. This is exactly the same scenario as you posted as Error in Tree (14760) in 2017.

They are not duplicated Individual records, but duplicated boxes in the Diagram due to people having multiple family relationships. It may be that you have Merged some data and overlooked merging Family records, or that you have cousins who have married each other.

See the Diagram > Options > General tab Check for duplicates options and associated Help.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
robwiltsher
Silver
Family Historian: V6

Re: Coloured Lines on Tree

Post by robwiltsher »

Many thanks and many apologies - I had totally forgotten my earlier on this matter.

Kind regards