* Print out my Queries (source code)

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
kcuypers
Platinum
Family Historian: V7

Print out my Queries (source code)

Post by kcuypers »

Hello,

I made a few queries in the past. Now I have a new computer, and everything works fine, but I also want to reinstall my queries which I had made, and if it is possible, I want to print the source code out on paper for safety reasons. Is this possible?

Greetings

Koenraad
tatewise
Megastar

Re: Print out my Queries (source code)

Post by tatewise »

Koenraad, the best solution used by many is the Backup and Restore Family Historian Settings Plugin.

That makes a backup copy of ALL your customisations including Diagrams, Reports, Queries, etc, etc...
You can preserve that Settings backup in the same way you preserve your Project backups.

When moving to a new PC you just copy that backup to the new PC and run the Plugin in RESTORE mode.
It is all explained in how_to:family_historian_migration_guide|> Family Historian V5 & V6 Migration Guide.
There is a similar ancestralsources:ancestral_sources_migration_guide|> Ancestral Sources Migration Guide.

Specifically for Queries you can use the File > Import/Export > Export > Query command, and its equivalent Import command, but must be repeated for each Query. See how_to:move_settings|> Move Family Historian Settings and Projects.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
kcuypers
Platinum

Re: Print out my Queries (source code)

Post by kcuypers »

Thanks for the info

Greetings

Koenraad