* Finding Living People

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
malcolmph
Gold
Family Historian: V6.2

Finding Living People

Post by malcolmph »

Hi,

I suspect that my tree has quite a few people from the earliest generations, 1800's, who are listed as Living. Is there a way to filter these and if so what is the easiest way to identify?

Thanks in advance..
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: Finding Living People

Post by tatewise »

What do you mean by listed as Living?
Are you saying they have the Living standard Record Flag?
It is not entirely clear to me what you want to achieve. Presumably, remove the flag for those that cannot be alive.

The Has Flag standard Query will list them all.

See advice at how_to:delete_data_for_living_people#individual_living_private_flags|> Individual Living & Private Flags for other techniques.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
GeneSniper
Superstar

Post by GeneSniper »

I take from what is said Mike, that looking at someone who is born 1800 but has no Died date looks to be still alive and over 200yrs old. Is there a way to find people who are still living, I presume to mark them as not living. I asked a similar question many months ago because in FTM I had been told to always marked the person as "Deceased" in the Died date section of someone who was obviously dead (eg my example above) but couldn't find a way to do it in FH's died date.
William

* Illegitimi non carborundum *
mezentia
Superstar

Post by mezentia »

Hi Malcolm

You may want to take a look at a little application called FTAnalyzer. It works ok on Win10. It will not only pick up where you have no deaths recorded, but a host of other issues as well, for example missing census entries. It's a very useful tool.

David
malcolmph
Gold

Post by malcolmph »

GeneSniper wrote: 17 Apr 2020 12:59 I take from what is said Mike, that looking at someone who is born 1800 but has no Died date looks to be still alive and over 200yrs old. Is there a way to find people who are still living, I presume to mark them as not living. I asked a similar question many months ago because in FTM I had been told to always marked the person as "Deceased" in the Died date section of someone who was obviously dead (eg my example above) but couldn't find a way to do it in FH's died date.
Thanks GeneSniper - that is exactly correct. People who have no deceased date are still showing as living even though they are quite clearly dead.
malcolmph
Gold

Post by malcolmph »

mezentia wrote: 17 Apr 2020 13:39 Hi Malcolm

You may want to take a look at a little application called FTAnalyzer. It works ok on Win10. It will not only pick up where you have no deaths recorded, but a host of other issues as well, for example missing census entries. It's a very useful tool.

David
thanks David, i will get a look
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

It is straightforward to find people with no Death Event who are older than any age you choose.
Create a custom Query for Individuals.
Add a Column for Age with Expression set to =EstimatedAgeAt(%INDI%,Today(),AVG,2) and Sort Descending
Add a Rows filter of Add if %INDI.DEAT% is null
The Result Set will list the estimated Age of people with no Death Event.
It will use Birth/Baptism/Christening events, and other facts if necessary, to determine their Age today.
Note that it will also list those that have no facts to calculate an Age, which is left blank.

The only way in FH to indicate a person is deceased is to add a Death Event.
Without any corroborating evidence, you must leave the Date blank or use an approximate date or date range.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
malcolmph
Gold

Post by malcolmph »

Thanks Mike