* Version 7

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
TMG_refugee
Famous
Family Historian: V7

Version 7

Post by TMG_refugee »

I researched FH 6 about 5 years ago but was in the middle of a conversion so decided to stay where I was. In December 2019 there were hints that if you bought FH 6 then there would be an automatic upgrade to 7 when released. Since late December I have been a licensed user of FH 6 and I am re familiarizing myself with FH 6.

Is this automatic upgrade real? If so how will we be notified when the upgrade i available?
tatewise
Megastar

Re: Version 7

Post by tatewise »

You are hardly likely to miss it.
It will be all over these Forums, Beta testing will run for weeks, CP Bulletin Emails, and FH itself will tell you.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
E Wilcock
Megastar

Post by E Wilcock »

There seems to me a problem with FH7. We know it is coming and that it will be better than Version 6 for importing from TMG. So should one postpone an import or go ahead now?
Many of us because of the Corona virus have time on our hands to pursue genealogy.
I would willingly buy the beta version (I was not seleted as a tester.) Meanwhile, the Corona virus really removes the possibility of a crowded commercial public launch for version 7.
But I would like to act now and to import into fh and enlarge my TMG First World War RFA Brigade project whose members or potential members are currently scattered in lists Access, TMG and some lists on my Google hosted site.

Or should I wait?
ColeValleyGirl
Megastar

Post by ColeValleyGirl »

Nobody has been selected as a beta tester yet -- beta testing hasn't started. So if you've put your name forward to test as a former TMG user, you may yet be selected.
E Wilcock
Megastar

Post by E Wilcock »

Thank you Helen. I may well go ahead then.