* Family Group Report

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
RWells
Silver
Family Historian: V6

Family Group Report

Post by RWells »

** Solved

I am using the trial version and running it on a Mac using Crossover.

When I print a Family Group Sheet the source numbers for the event print but no source listing is printed at the end of the report.

Is there something I need to do in order to make the source print at the end of the report. I have gone to the options and checked the option to print at the end of the report.

Thanks
Roger
Last edited by RWells on 25 Jan 2020 17:52, edited 1 time in total.
LornaCraig
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: Family Group Report

Post by LornaCraig »

When you view the report on screen in FH can you see the sources list? If so it should be printed with all the other pages.
If you click Save Report As... and save it as a PDF file are all the pages there?
If you choose either of the other options (At end of record on same page or At end of record on a new page) are the sources printed?

I don't think the use of the trial version or the fact that you are running it on a Mac could make any difference.
Lorna
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

Welcome to the FHUG Roger.

Have you seen how_to:family_historian_v6_on_crossover_wine|> Family Historian V6 & Ancestral Sources V5 on Crossover, PlayOnLinux/Mac & Wine and followed the advice for Reported Problems regarding Reports?

How are you actually printing the Report?
OR do you mean displaying the Report on screen in FH?

How familiar are you with displaying all Pages of a Report?
See how_to:report_tips_and_tricks#report_navigation|> Report Navigation that identifies two vertical scroll bars on the right. The inner bar scrolls up & down one page, while the outer bar scrolls through all the pages, and the Page number shown top right changes.

Sorry if that is telling you what you already know.
If it does not solve your problem, then please go into more detail and provide screenshots.
See info:forums#posting_topics|> Posting Topics for advice on attaching screenshots.

I am fascinated by you having a trial version of FH, when you joined the FHUG 6 months ago.
Have you only just got around to trying out FH?
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
RWells
Silver
Family Historian: V6

Post by RWells »

Yes I am just now getting around to trying FH.

I found the problem a complete operator as I was only looking at the 1st page did not see until just now that it contained 7 pages.

Sorry but I am learning.

I am still working getting it installed correctly using Crossover but I will make it. Seems mostly to be working but so it did not create a icon that I can click on.

Roger
E Wilcock
Megastar

Post by E Wilcock »

I too failed to see the little arrow tucked up at top right - and even forgot it again last week when doing a person report for my brother.
Surely most software allows one to view the full report without saving it in another format first?
Jane
Site Admin

Post by Jane »

E Wilcock wrote: 26 Jan 2020 11:16 Surely most software allows one to view the full report without saving it in another format first?
You can see the full report, there is no need to save in another format. BTW In V7 the scrolling is changed to use a single scroll bar.
Jane
My Family History : My Photography "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

Yes, you just have to notice that there are two vertical scroll bars on the right and investigate what they do! Bingo!
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
E Wilcock
Megastar

Post by E Wilcock »

Thank you. No, I didnt realise that the far right scroll bar would give me subsequent pages.
In some things which I dont often use, I am still an fh beginner.
PeterR
Megastar

Post by PeterR »

There are also left and right arrow-heads beside the Page no. at top right, which may be more useful than the right-hand scroll-bar.
2020-01-27_110843.jpg
2020-01-27_110843.jpg (1.67 KiB) Viewed 5301 times
Peter Richmond (researching Richmond, Bulman, Martin, Driscoll, Baxter, Hall, Dales, Tyrer)
E Wilcock
Megastar

Post by E Wilcock »

Peter, Thank you.
I have always used those arrows for separate pages - I was complaining that one couldnt see the whole report. And on this I was wrong - it needed that scroll bar.