* Citation Listing Question

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
BobWard
Superstar
Family Historian: V6.2

Citation Listing Question

Post by BobWard »

Based on a recent post by another forum member, I decided to check my Citation record summary for any possible errors.

So, I selected the Source Records tab in the Records window. I found a Citation for a birth certificate for Joan Carol Hugg that listed "0" under the Citations column.

This puzzles me because this Citation is being used in the profile for Joan Carol Hugg. So, why is this Source record being listed as never having been cited?

I have attached a screenshot for Joan's profile which clearly shows the Citation. I have superimposed on this image a screenshot of the Records window which shows the record as not being cited.

What I am missing in interpreting this apparent contradiction?
Attachments
Birth Citation.jpg
Birth Citation.jpg (469.82 KiB) Viewed 2941 times
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: Citation Listing Question

Post by tatewise »

The Record Id for the Source record with 0 Citations is 1693.

If you use the blue arrow to open the Source record cited by the Birth what is its Record Id?
It should be in square brackets in the caption at top or is shown in the All tab.

In the Records Window on the Sources tab click on the Source Records column header to sort into Title order.

My guess is that there are two Source records with the same Title but different Record Id.
One has Citations and the other does not.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
BobWard
Superstar
Family Historian: V6.2

Post by BobWard »

My guess is that there are two Source records with the same Title but different Record Id.
One has Citations and the other does not.
You are right! Thanks for the tip.
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Post by tatewise »

I have learnt with computers that they usually tell the truth, especially with anything factual.
So instead of focussing on any inconsistency, try and think of another scenario that fits the facts.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry