* Relationship to Root

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
d1anep
Gold
Family Historian: V6.2

Relationship to Root

Post by d1anep »

In my Records window there is nothing showing under the Relationship to Root column, how do I get the information back? It has been there before, but has now gone.
Russell
Diamond
Family Historian: V7

Re: Relationship to Root

Post by Russell »

Highlight the person that you want to be the Root in the Records window, then in the Edit menu click on 'File Root', then 'Set as File Root' and you are done :)
rodit
Famous

Post by rodit »

Right click on one of the Record Labels (ID, Dates, etc), click on Configure
Click on Relationship to Root and use the Right hand arrow to place it in the Column list. you can then move it up and down to where you would like it to be.

Cheers

Roger
LornaCraig
Megastar

Post by LornaCraig »

Roger's reply assumes the the whole Relationship to Root column has disappeared, but I don't think that is the case because you say "there is nothing showing under the Relationship to Root column". I assume the column is there but it appears to be empty.

If the problem has been caused because you have changed the file root Russell's reply will fix it.

Another possibility is that you have clicked on the heading of the Relationship to Root column so that it has been sorted with all the "blank" relationships at the top. These are people who have no direct relationship to the file root. If so, scroll further down and you should see all the individuals who do have entries in that column. You can click on the column heading while holding down the alt key to reverse the order, or click any other column heading to sort the records differently.
Lorna