* Cheap Wills

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
mezentia
Superstar
Family Historian: V7

Cheap Wills

Post by mezentia »

As you will all prpbably know by now, the probatesearch.service.gov.uk site is offering to supply copies of wills for £1.50 rather than the normal £10 or so price for the next 12 months. I intend to take up this offer and grab as many wills as I can. Now, I already have some wills downloaded, and the Wills event used against some of the people in my tree already. I also have Probate entries where there is an entry on the Probate Calendar. I would like to be able automatically to flag up on a diagram if an individual has either a Probate, a Will, or both events recorded for them, so that I can quickly work out where a copy of a will is needed. I'm looking for suggestions as to the best way to go about this.

Thanks

David
Valkrider
Megastar

Re: Cheap Wills

Post by Valkrider »

David

You can do this in the same way that you can set markers on diagrams for the Census or BMD certificates etc. You will probably have to create a BMP image that you want to use.

For more information see how_to:using_flags_and_icons_and_expressions|> Using Flags and Icons and Expressions.
tatewise
Megastar

Re: Cheap Wills

Post by tatewise »

You could simply add Will and Probate events to the Diagram boxes along with the BMD, etc, events.

To add Icons use the Boxes > Condition > Expression method with such as =Exists(%INDI.WILL%).

The following have various Will icons but no Probate I'm afraid.
fhugdownloads:contents:brians_icons|> Diagram Icons ~ Brian's Icons
fhugdownloads:contents:tommys_icons|> Diagram Icons ~ Tommy's Icons
fhugdownloads:contents:wulliams_icons|> Diagram Icons ~ Wulliam's Icons
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry