* Short Fact Type List

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile
Rusty
Famous
Family Historian: V6

Short Fact Type List

Post by Rusty » 09 Jul 2019 08:24

Sorry to be a pain, I'm sure that I've seen this on the forum before, but, I'm obviously searching using the wrong criteria. When you go to add a fact to someone you are presented with a short list of facts then you have to click on 'More Fact types...' to get to the one that you need, I would really like to do away with this list all together and go back to where you just used to type in the first letter of the Fact that you wanted, however I suppose that isn't possible anymore. I'm sure that I've seen somewhere on here how to add/delete other facts to this list to tailor them to something more personally useful.

Could someone please point me to the relevant section on here or in simple language tell me how to do this.

Many thanks.

ColeValleyGirl
Megastar
Family Historian: V6.2

Re: Short Fact Type List

Post by ColeValleyGirl » 09 Jul 2019 09:21

You can't get rid of the 'Fast-Add' menu, but you can customise it.

On the Fact tab, click Add Fact and then More Fact Types. Click More.

Select a fact you want to add or remove to the the Fast-Add menu and click Edit.

Bottom right, you'll see a tick-box that determines whether the fact appears on the Fats-Add menu, so you can remove facts you don't want and add ones you do.

I haven't tried, but conceivably you could remove everything from the Fast-Add menu except 'More Fact Types' and then select that and navigate using the first letter but it would mean you always had three clicks to add a fact whereas with the Fast Add menu, for your most commonly used facts, it would be two.

Rusty
Famous
Family Historian: V6

Re: Short Fact Type List

Post by Rusty » 09 Jul 2019 14:40

Thank you very much Helen.