* Imported Facts

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
laz_gen
Famous
Family Historian: V7

Imported Facts

Post by laz_gen »

I am reviewing my facts after an import from Legacy and following the use of various plugins.

I am left with a number of "custom" facts that were created in Legacy and now exist in FH with a prefix of "EVEN-". When I say they have this prefix, this is only visible in the "Custom Facts" drop down list of Mike's "Change Any Fact" plugin. These facts are not shown at all from Tools / Fact Type.

These facts all display OK in an individuals property facts tab but on some the sentence structure leaves a lot to be desired.

I can see I can alter the sentence structure for a individuals fact but that appears to be on a person by person basis. As these facts were not created in FH I have no matching Fact in the Fact set so can't edit the sentence structure globally for all usage of that fact.

Am I right in thinking my only approach to editing these imported facts is to use Mike's "Change Any Fact" plugin to convert them to an existing or new FH fact?

Or am I completely misunderstanding something?
tatewise
Megastar

Re: Imported Facts

Post by tatewise »

Yes, you are misunderstanding something.
See glossary:work_with_fact_sets#custom_facts_from_other_products|> Custom Facts from other Products.
That is actually cross-referenced at the bottom of how_to:import_from_legacy|> Import from Legacy Family Tree (LFT) under Related Pages cunningly entitled Defining Imported Custom Facts and similarly in the how_to:index#importing_to_family_historian|> Importing to Family Historian section.

Also see how_to:narrative_report_fact_sentence_templates|> Narrative Report Fact Sentence Templates in its Introduction.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
laz_gen
Famous

Re: Imported Facts

Post by laz_gen »

Excellent Mike thanks, all that from a "Show Hidden" tick box that I had continually overlooked.

Now I can see these imported facts listed and when I attempt to Edit one I can see it offers to create a definition for me. Just what I was looking for, an easy way to adopt them.

I would have been happy using your plugin, which I found very useful, but this is even easier.

Happy Easter