*Individual Narrative Reports

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile
martin
Gold
Family Historian: V6.2

Individual Narrative Reports

Post by martin » 16 Feb 2019 18:23

I want to place the heading, ie the individual's name (which is automatically left aligned), in the centre of the heading line in Individual Narrative Reports.

I presume it's in options/format/heading but I can't see how to do it. Can anyone advise please?

Martin

tatewise
Megastar

Re: Individual Narrative Reports

Post by tatewise » 16 Feb 2019 19:51

You are looking in the correct options, but centred headings is not one of the settings.

The best you can do is use Save Report As > Word-Processor Document (RTF) and use a word-processor to centre that text.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry

AdrianBruce
Megastar

Post by AdrianBruce » 16 Feb 2019 21:40

tatewise wrote:... use a word-processor to centre that text.
Just as a reminder, this isn't something that has to be done multiple times in each report, as the heading in question ends up described by the style "Heading 1" so far as I can see. Or at least, that's what happens when I open such an RTF in MS Word. That being so, I can edit the style "Heading 1" to have centred text and it alters all such headings in that report.

Where it gets tricky is if other styles have been based on "Heading 1", because they'll end up centred as well, unless they've already over-written the Alignment and chosen their own. There may be other issues from opening the RTF in Word or your own word-processor.
Adrian

martin
Gold

Post by martin » 17 Feb 2019 10:36

Many thanks to Tatewise and AdrianBruce for your replies.
Martin