*Census Returns

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile
Buzby
Family Historian: V6.2

Census Returns

Postby Buzby » 03 Nov 2018 09:18

I believe there is a function that allows you to record a number of individuals who appear on a census return as being part of the same event? I recall a YouTube video by Find My Past on this subject but I cannot find it. Can someone point me in the right direction please. Thankyou.

tatewise
Megastar

Re: Census Returns

Postby tatewise » 03 Nov 2018 10:16

Welcome to the FHUG.

I'm not sure how experienced you are at using FH and Knowledge Base > Ancestral Sources, nor what style of Source Citations you prefer.

For general advice see Knowledge Base > Recording from a Census Record.

It is advantageous to give each person on a Census Return their own Census Event as explained in the article above.
This convention is the same as all other Source documents that support multiple Facts.

You may be thinking of Fact Witnesses where only the principal/head of household has a Census Event and all the others are entered as Witnesses, but this method has several drawbacks as explained in the article above.

I don't think there would be a FindMyPast YouTube video on Fact Witnesses because they do not support that feature.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history.

LornaCraig
Megastar

Postby LornaCraig » 03 Nov 2018 10:32

You may be thinking of these FHUG vidoes in the Knowledge Base:
Knowledge Base > Ancestral Sources Tutorial ~ Enter Census ~ Videos
Lorna

Buzby

Postby Buzby » 03 Nov 2018 19:26