* Full Backup 7-zip folder, ''HEADER ERROR''.

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
RAYMOND52
Family Historian: V6.2

Full Backup 7-zip folder, ''HEADER ERROR''.

Post by RAYMOND52 »

On using my Windows 10. Hp., Laptop computer, when I do a Full Backup of my Family Historian 6.2.7. Project, Family Historian 6.2.7. has always by itself put/makes the Full Backup into a 7-zip folder.
My Full Backup of my Family Historian 6.2.7. 7-zip Folder is placed in the computer I am using (above) and another made Backup of the same, placed in an External Drive.
When I run a, ''Test Archive'', on each of the Full Backup 7-zip Folders I get an error warning, ''HEADER ERROR'', in each of the Full Backup 7-zip Folders.
1. How do/can I, Full Backup my Family Historian 6.2.7. Project, into an ordinary folder, leaving out/by passing the faulty 7-zip program.

2. Family Historian 6.2.7. is creating the Full Backup 7-zip folder. Is there a, ''FIX'', for the 7-zip folder, Test Archive, warning of, ''HEADER ERROR''.

3. I worry about this ''HEADER ERROR''. as I know nothing about it's meaning, what damage it can/may do or is doing. Need I worry?
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: Full Backup 7-zip folder, ''HEADER ERROR''.

Post by tatewise »

Welcome to the FHUG.
  1. Assuming you are using the default Documents\Family Historian Projects location for your Projects then just include that folder in your regular backup regime, or use Windows File Explorer to copy it to a backup device, or use OneDrive.
    There is nothing 'magic' about FH Projects as they are just an organised hierarchy of standard Windows folders and files.
    See how_to:v4:understanding_projects|> Understanding Projects which is one of the topics within how_to:key_features_for_newcomers|> Key Features for Newcomers that you were advised to study when you joined.
  2. The FH backups are not strictly a 7-Zip Archive, but a standard Windows Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    But your installed 7-Zip application has taken default ownership of all ZIP files. There is nothing to fix.
    See glossary:backup_and_recovery|> Backup and Recovery for details, which is another topic within how_to:key_features_for_newcomers|> Key Features for Newcomers.
  3. Ignore that error as explained above. To reassure yourself nothing is wrong, within FH use the File > Backup/Restore > Restore Backup command and pick any FH Project Backup as advised in glossary:backup_and_recovery|> Backup and Recovery.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
RAYMOND52
Family Historian: V6.2

Re: Full Backup 7-zip folder, ''HEADER ERROR''.

Post by RAYMOND52 »

Thank you Mike for taking the time to answer my questions and sharing your knowledge. It has taken a worry of my mind, much appreciated. Thank you again, over and out.