My Full Backup of my Family Historian 6.2.7. 7-zip Folder is placed in the computer I am using (above) and another made Backup of the same, placed in an External Drive.
When I run a, ''Test Archive'', on each of the Full Backup 7-zip Folders I get an error warning, ''HEADER ERROR'', in each of the Full Backup 7-zip Folders.
1. How do/can I, Full Backup my Family Historian 6.2.7. Project, into an ordinary folder, leaving out/by passing the faulty 7-zip program.
2. Family Historian 6.2.7. is creating the Full Backup 7-zip folder. Is there a, ''FIX'', for the 7-zip folder, Test Archive, warning of, ''HEADER ERROR''.
3. I worry about this ''HEADER ERROR''. as I know nothing about it's meaning, what damage it can/may do or is doing. Need I worry?
- Posts: 14837
- Joined: 25 May 2010 11:00
- Family Historian: V6.2
- Location: Torbay, Devon, UK
- Assuming you are using the default Documents\Family Historian Projects location for your Projects then just include that folder in your regular backup regime, or use Windows File Explorer to copy it to a backup device, or use OneDrive.
There is nothing 'magic' about FH Projects as they are just an organised hierarchy of standard Windows folders and files.
See Knowledge Base > Understanding Projects which is one of the topics within Knowledge Base > Key Features for Newcomers that you were advised to study when you joined.
- The FH backups are not strictly a 7-Zip Archive, but a standard Windows Compressed (zipped) Folder.
But your installed 7-Zip application has taken default ownership of all ZIP files. There is nothing to fix.
See Knowledge Base > Backup and Recovery for details, which is another topic within Knowledge Base > Key Features for Newcomers.
- Ignore that error as explained above. To reassure yourself nothing is wrong, within FH use the File > Backup/Restore > Restore Backup command and pick any FH Project Backup as advised in Knowledge Base > Backup and Recovery.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests