* Book Index

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
Senelstune

Book Index

Post by Senelstune »

I am building a Book using the FH Publish feature. Generally this is going ok.

I am at a stage where I am checking entries trying to use the Index at the back of the book. I am finding that the page number at the bottom of the page does not seem to match with the page number. For example Chapter 17 commences on page 123 as depicted at the bottom of the page - but page 125 in the page number indicated in the panel of the view book window at the top.

I have charts and inserted charts and "blank pages".

I am unsure how to control whether page xxx is to be included in the page counts on each page and/or in the final index ?

Thanks for your help when you have a moment.

john
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: Book Index

Post by tatewise »

The Title Page and Table of Contents are given Roman numeral page numbers.
So book Page 1 does not occur until Chapter 1.

But the View Book page Sequence Numbers top right count every physical page, so will usually be a few pages greater than the Page Number printed at the bottom of each Book page.
The page given in the Index will naturally refer to the Page Number printed at the bottom of each Book page.

If you use the Go To Page button on the right, it offers the choice of Page Number at the bottom of each page matching the Index, or Sequence Number as shown top left in View Book.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
Senelstune

Re: Book Index

Post by Senelstune »

Yup ... thanks Mike. Got it. Easy.

Thanks for fast response. Fantastic.

john :)