* Linking individuals from notes, sources

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
pmolnar
Gold
Family Historian: V6.2

Linking individuals from notes, sources

Post by pmolnar »

I can list the available notes and sources on the Notes, Sources and Places tab on the records window.

Is there any possibilities to find who the current note/source/place is linked to?
Can I get to the related individual through the selected note/source/place?

As far as I investigated, it is possible only with the media files: on the Media tab, if I select a media file, there is a Links tab on its property box.

Thanks,
Peter
LornaCraig
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: Linking individuals from notes, sources

Post by LornaCraig »

There are various ways of doing this. The Where Used Record Links plugin can be used for any record type. In the Results set you can double-click in a cell in the Where Used column to open the Property Box with the focus on the appropriate fact.

For Place records you can also use Tools > Work with Data > Places, select a place from the list then click Where Used on the right. (You can also do this for other data types, e.g. Addresses, Occupations)

For any record type you can also select it in the Records Window then use View > Record Links. This produces a list of linked records but does not show the exact link within each record.
Lorna
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

Depends on which version of FH you are using.

See how_to:finding_where_records_are_used|> Finding where Records are used for all the options.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
LornaCraig
Megastar

Post by LornaCraig »

Mike, I assumed Peter is using v6 as he refers to Place Records.
Lorna
pmolnar
Gold
Family Historian: V6.2

Post by pmolnar »

Yes, I have version 6. Thanks for you both the comprehensive answer.
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

Peter, I know in this case we could guess you had FH V6 but next time that may not be so.
Can you help us give you the best answers by stating the Version of FH you are using.
Click your username pmolnar top right of this web page and choose User Control Panel.
Then on its Profile tab, select your Family Historian Version, and scroll down to click Submit.
Then it appears to the right of your postings, and we don't have to guess.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry