* Proper Genealogy Report

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
E Wilcock
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Proper Genealogy Report

Post by E Wilcock »

This is a spin off from Published Report styles for discussion (15254).

Once again, I beg someone to put up a proper genealogy report output for fh. Or for Calico Pie to do it, as they ought. It would have been quicker and easier for me to export my tree to Roots Magic and produce a report from that software than it has been struggling to do it from fh.
tatewise
Megastar

Re: Proper Genealogy Report

Post by tatewise »

It is recognised that Report formatting is not a strong point of FH. Despite many custom options it is NOT possible to combine various styles together, such as Indented Outline Reports with say Narrative Sentences or with Witness Facts.

Exactly what you mean by a Proper Genealogy Report output for FH?

Please identify the Roots Magic report that presumably is the ideal style to aim for?
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
E Wilcock
Megastar

Post by E Wilcock »

If you look at the previous thread Mike, which asked for suggestions, you will see that I did describe some reports and other users provided an illustration from FTM.

I perhaps naively believed that the discussion was going to end with someone creating one of these reports in fh for everyone to use?
E Wilcock
Megastar

Post by E Wilcock »

I understand now (for the first time) that because one cant show witness events in a fh report that lists each event, it may well not be possible to produce replicas of many of these reports in fh.