* Property box not synchronizing

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile
DavidNewton
Superstar
Family Historian: V6

Property box not synchronizing

Post by DavidNewton » 23 Aug 2018 10:44

I am having a problem with the property box not synchronising with the current record selection as I change views. I am mostly using the Records window and switching between the Individual, Sources and Media tabs. In each tab I will have a selected record and docked property box. I may be having a senior moment here but I am fairly sure that in the past when I switched tabs the property box also switched to show the properties of the selection in that tab. What happens now is that the property box stays on the selection I have just left. Clicking the selected record in the then current tab does nothing. After various work rounds I have found that hitting the space bar twice after the switch (which deselects and then reselects the record) changes the property box to the one I want. I looked in preferences but the only setting which seemed might be relevant was the check box for remembering the property box state between open windows. However, that presumably means whether docked/floating/closed.

Has anyone any idea what is happening here?

David

LornaCraig
Megastar
Family Historian: V6.2

Re: Property box not synchronizing

Post by LornaCraig » 23 Aug 2018 11:13

There is a Sync with Selection icon (a pin) in the Property Box toolbar but I don't think that has ever automatically synced to the selection when you change tabs in the Records Window. It does automatically sync when you change selection within the same tab.

In Tools > Preferences > Records Window I have Double-click on Record in Records List means 'Open Propery Box' ticked and I find that works.

Edit: You can of course use the back and forward arrows in the Property Box toolbar to switch to and fro quickly between recently viewed records in the Property Box.
Lorna

tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V6.2

Post by tatewise » 23 Aug 2018 11:21

I can't be certain how it worked in the past, but I confirm your description is how it works now.
You can double-click the left mouse button on a selected record to synch the Property Box.
That may be easier than using double space bar.

BTW: The Focus Window and Diagram Window are somewhat different, as a single click on any Individual box will synch the Property Box.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry

DavidNewton
Superstar
Family Historian: V6

Post by DavidNewton » 23 Aug 2018 13:42

Thanks Lorna and Mike for the responses it looks as if I am imagining the past behaviour. The strange thing is that I have never noticed this behaviour before and I do about 90% of my work in the Records window.

In trying to solve this (imaginary) problem I found that, as always, there are several ways to show the property box of the current selection. Using the keyboard only: Double space or Alt+ENTER. Using the mouse: double click (with the appropriate preference), changing the selection re-synchronizes the box if the synchronize to selection pin is on and finally (but there may be others) right-click and choose Properties.

David