*Custom Query - Individuals without Source

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile
Gerard1
Silver
Family Historian: V6.2

Custom Query - Individuals without Source

Postby Gerard1 » 16 May 2018 01:46

I currently have 86 Sources and can determine what Source has been added to an individual. However, it is more important for me to know which individuals do not have a particular Source, ie Birth Certificate (meaning that I do not hold one for that person) or 1939 UK Register download. Would it also be possible to define in the same Custom Query a period using birthdates ie 1875-1900 so the report is not too large or with all my individuals of 1000+ listed?

I have spent considerable time searching the Forums of Custom Queries without success. The same applies to the Official Guide FH Version 6.

Jane
Site Admin

Re: Custom Query - Individuals without Source

Postby Jane » 16 May 2018 07:53

Do you use a single Birth Certificate source or do you do method 1 sourcing where each Birth Certificate is a Source?

There are a whole raft of queries for this in the Knowledge Base > Downloads and Links ~ Query Type: Individual

for example

Knowledge Base > Query:Individual ~ BMD Events without Sources
Jane
My Family History : My Photography "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

tatewise
Megastar

Postby tatewise » 16 May 2018 09:02

Also checkout the Lookup Missing Census Facts and Lookup Missing BMD Records Plugins in the Plugin Store.

They are designed to not only list such missing Sources but also provide online search filters for Ancestry, FMP, etc.

They cannot be restricted to a Date range, but can be restricted to any selection of Individuals.

BTW: I notice you have posted questions several times before, but not responded to any of them.
Were the answers satisfactory or not?
i.e.
V6 Fails on TMG direct import (11884)
Source record id - deleted numbers (12420)
Copying Source Records from Project to Project (15324)
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history.

Gerard1
Silver

Postby Gerard1 » 19 May 2018 07:22

Customer Query - Individuals without Source (15922)

Thank you for your help with this enquiry. I am not sure of what your "method 1" is but in TMG terms I am a "Lumper" and not a "Splitter". The query you referred to me gives some data that I am looking for but not all. I will further analyse the 'code' - (columns & rows) and also seek help from an IT Programming friend to see if I can get what I want/need.

I apologise for not responding to previous inquiries I have made. My very late comments are as follows.

V6 Fails on TMG Direct Import (11884)
I eventually proved that my TMG data had been corrupted and it was not a FH problem. I fortunately had 2 computers so spent 5 months establishing my data on FH. It was an interesting exercise, correctly TMG errors, adding to my tree and learning how FH works.

Source record ID - deleted numbers (12420)
I was a bit confused with this answer and decided to live with missing Individual Record ID's. I now note that some additional responses have been added and when I have time I will check them out.

Copying Source records from Project to Project (15324)
After long consideration of your answer I decided to follow your recommendation and enter the separate Project to my main one thus eliminating the need to copy or create new Sources. Thank you.

tatewise
Megastar

Postby tatewise » 19 May 2018 09:30

For clarification, Method 1 Sources are used by "Splitters", and Method 2 Sources are used by "Lumpers".
See Knowledge Base > Sources and Citations - how to use them which is referenced under Sources Methods 1 & 2 within Knowledge Base > Key Features for Newcomers.

The Lookup Missing Census Facts and Lookup Missing BMD Records Plugins work for both Methods.
The BMD checks also take account of Baptism and Burial based pre-1837 Sources instead of Birth/Death Certificate Sources. They also optionally allow GRO Index Sources to be ignored.

I suspect the Knowledge Base > Downloads and Links ~ Query Type: Individual for BMD and Census work for both Methods too, but I have not checked them all.

Thank you for your feedback on those other topics - you could have put those replies against each topic thread.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history.

Return to “General Usage”