* Mark Direct Line

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
zlatarigirl
Gold
Family Historian: V6

Mark Direct Line

Post by zlatarigirl »

Hi, does anybody know a way of marking your direct line, it would make it much easier for me.
Thank You.
Jane
Site Admin
Family Historian: V7

Re: Mark Direct Line

Post by Jane »

Not quite sure what you are looking for here.

On the Focus window the direct line descendants of your File Root person are marked in the Child section with a blue down arrow.

If you want to highlight a particular line in a Diagram you can use the Diagram > Family Connection Mapper, or the Tools > How Related to produce a Diagram showing just the line you are interested in.
Jane
My Family History : My Photography "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
zlatarigirl
Gold

Post by zlatarigirl »

Thank You Jane, I will look into that.
gwilym'smum
Superstar
Family Historian: V6.2

Post by gwilym'smum »

Hello,
On the records window I inserted a column and had a tick which indicated direct line. Sorry for late reply, been away
Ann
Researching Mayer, Parr/Parr, Simcock, Beech and all related families
Sue7How
Family Historian: V6.2

Post by Sue7How »

Hi
I had this problem before the blue arrow appeared. I found that if one uses #key after the name it works fine to indicate a direct line ancestor. Also it avoids the fact that the blue arrow shows the line from whoever is the root person and varies as the root varies, while the # always remains until deleted.
When I started to try and label People with whom I shared DNA I found that the other key I could use was ~ so now some ancestors are Labelled /surname/#~ i.e Direct ancestor sharing DNA, /Surname/# i.e Direct ancestor, or /Surname/~ i.e Ancestor sharing DNA but not on the direct line.
It seems to work well for me.
Sue
Suki
Silver

Post by Suki »

I enter my direct line ancestors in capital letters, I find it works really well.