* all relatives chart - stretch a generation widthways

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
celia98
Family Historian: V6.2

all relatives chart - stretch a generation widthways

Post by celia98 »

I've created an all relatives chart for a couple which I want to print on to a 24" wide roll of paper (have access to printer at work)
problem is that the height of the different generation strips vary.
some are higher with members of the same generation offset above one another. I would like to stretch /reposition so that all members of a generation are on one level/row.
this would make the chart longer which is fine and make it easier to read the text boxes which are currently appearing quite small. the tree is 20 generations which I'm sure will be fine if I could just get each generation strip to a similar height.
I've read the book! and tried using layout and scaling/rows same height but not succeeded - not sure what I'm not doing correctly.
any help much appreciated.
TIA
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: all relatives chart - stretch a generation widthways

Post by tatewise »

Have you tried Diagram > Options > General tab Style: Flat?

Also you need to follow the advice in how_to:creating_a_single_page_pdf_of_a_diagram|> Single Page PDF of a Diagram to obtain a single page PDF file 24" wide.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
LornaCraig
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: all relatives chart - stretch a generation widthways

Post by LornaCraig »

The Flat style will produce what you want, but you might find that in some cases it becomes very difficult to trace where an ancestor fits within their group of siblings. This is because the dotted line linking them back to their position in the sibling group could be extremely long, and it runs very close to the solid lines above sibling groups. Make sure you are displaying Proxy boxes as this helps a bit. (Diagram > Options > Proxies tab)
Lorna