* Individual Summary Report format help

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
Susan_Needham
Gold
Family Historian: V7

Individual Summary Report format help

Post by Susan_Needham »

I don't seem to be able to find where I can make the reports easier to read. Name, sex, father, etc, are listed one line after another. Is there a way I can add a blank line between them to make it easier to read? This would apply to Individual events and attributes too. Probably simple to do but I can't find any help for this. Thank you in anticipation.
tatewise
Megastar

Re: Individual Summary Report format help

Post by tatewise »

Sorry, but there are no options within FH to specifically do that.

You can make the text larger and some fonts have slightly greater line spacing if that would help.
Choose Report > Options > Format tab.
Select each Font item in turn, such as Section Label, Section Data, Subsection Label, Subsection Data.
Then click Edit and choose an alternative Font and set the point Size larger.
Some Fonts have greater line spacing built-in, such as Dubai, Franklin Gothic Book, Gill Sans MT, Lucida Sans, Segoe UI, etc.

The only other option is to use Save Report As > Word-Processor Document (RTF) and then use a word-processor such as Microsoft Word or OpenOffice Writer to adjust the paragraph styles to increase the line spacing.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
uzbeck

Post by uzbeck »

As Mike Says, nothing to be done with name etc.

For events and facts, using the property box select the first fact of the two that you want separated - go to Notes box and hit <Return>, this works for me. If there is already text in the Notes box, from the end of the text hit <Return> once or twice to get the effect you want.
All this does is enter an empty one line note.
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

That is a neat trick, but only if the Report > Options > Contents tab has Notes ticked lower left.

BUT, beware of side effects in other types of Report and in Diagrams that included Notes.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
jimlad68
Megastar

Post by jimlad68 »

My method to control the output is using narrative reports with many changes to the sentences to make it appear like an individual summary. Sentences are very flexible and can include extra detail, line breaks etc.

This topic will give you plenty of food for thought with report and sentence examples
Reports - Guidance please (14920)
Link to my relevant entry, but all makes good reading.
viewtopic.php?t=14920#p77555
Jim Orrell - researching: see - but probably out of date https://gw.geneanet.org/jimlad68