* relationship between a child and his or her parents of reports

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile
mitcheip
Diamond
Family Historian: V6

relationship between a child and his or her parents of reports

Post by mitcheip » 30 Nov 2017 14:32

I have a family in my Tree, The Joseph BENCH family, where we have always assumed that Joseph was the father of the first born child. Every mention of him in census', newspapers etc he was always quote as Charles BENCH. It turns out that his mother wasn't married when he was born and was therefore registered under a different surname, Charles ROWE. In a Census 2 years later he was called BENCH.

All this is fine, I have recorded him with another name and selected "Step" under the relationship with Joseph BENCH.

What I can't seem to find is how to get this relationship to print on his Individual Summary Report. This still states Joseph BENCH Father rather than step father.

Is there anyway to change this or add the information?

tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V6.2

Re: relationship between a child and his or her parents of reports

Post by tatewise » 30 Nov 2017 15:14

You did not say whether you have added the possibly unknown natural father of Charles ROWE as the first partner of his natural mother.

See Knowledge Base > Adjusting Family Relationships and in particular Knowledge Base > Recording Children with Foster/Adoptive Parents that is very similar to your scenario.

You cannot change the wording in Reports from father to step-father but you can include the Relationship field.
In the Individual Summary Report open the Report > Options > Contents tab.
In Main Section Items use Add to create a 1st Child Relationship with %INDI.~CHIL[1]>FAMC[2].PEDI[1]%.
Similarly for 2nd Child Relationship with %INDI.~CHIL[2]>FAMC[2].PEDI[1]% et seq.
Variants on that could actually include the child's name.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry

mitcheip
Diamond
Family Historian: V6

Re: relationship between a child and his or her parents of reports

Post by mitcheip » 01 Dec 2017 15:33

Thanks Tatewise. I'll give it a go.