* Media Display Sort Sequence

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
David Potter
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Media Display Sort Sequence

Post by David Potter »

Hi Forum

In the Source > Media display window. Is it possible to always sequence the display of media files strictly by Preferred #? I see when I have images with differing media dates the date sort value overrides the Preferred # sort order upon opening the screen. See screen shot - where Pref # = 1 has date of Q2 1956 (although the Q2 is not displayed). If I set the sequence using the Pref # column and exit. On return the date sequence again takes precedent.

Thanks.
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (55.33 KiB) Viewed 4567 times
tatewise
Megastar

Re: Media Display Sort Sequence

Post by tatewise »

I am not aware of any option that governs the order of Media on the Media tab for any type of Property Box.

BTW:
I do find your screenshot a little confusing.
You appear to have three Media records with identical Titles and two have the same Date of 22 Dec 1956.
May be the Source Citation or Burial Event has a date of Q2 1956 but none of those Media have that Date.
Furthermore, Q2 1956 runs from April to June and does not include December.
If you check the Property Box of each Media record each Date will be as shown in the screenshot.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
DavidNewton
Superstar

Post by DavidNewton »

Although not the same situation this does sound like the discussion in Media preferences (14503).
David

[ COMMENT by Mike Tate ~ Yes, correct. ]
David Potter
Megastar

Post by David Potter »

Hi Mike

Sorry for the confusion. I used the date Q2 1956 purely to illustrate the differing dates are then sorted in some 'date' order. The Pref # is ignored.

Thank you for the answer.
David Potter
Megastar

Post by David Potter »

Thanks David - That link helped me find the solution. Basically don't date the media if already dated in the source. Then the Pref # has control over the displayed sequence.

Thank you both.