* Annotating maps

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile
StockportGerbil
Family Historian: V6.2

Annotating maps

Post by StockportGerbil » 29 Nov 2017 18:17

Hi!
Is there any way of annotating maps that can then be saved as JPGs?

I've been asked to produce a map showing where our ancestors lived in Somerset. I can save a JPG showing dots of half a dozen places in Somerset, but it's meaningless without the box you get when you click on the dot.

Currently looking at doing a screen grab for each dot - but am hoping there's an easier way.

Thanks

Kevin

tatewise
Megastar

Re: Annotating maps

Post by tatewise » 29 Nov 2017 20:33

Welcome to the FHUG Kevin.

Unfortunately, I cannot think of a way to include all the annotations.
In the general case there would be far to many markers too close together to show all the annotations at the same time.

If there are not too many Individuals with too many Facts, then you can expand the list on the left to show all the Places but they are not linked to the markers.

Another idea is to produce an Individual Summary Report for all the people involved, and then the Places in the report should tally with the markers on the map.

BTW: As a newcomer I advise you study the topics in Knowledge Base > Key Features for Newcomers.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry

StockportGerbil

Post by StockportGerbil » 29 Nov 2017 22:51

Hi!
Thanks for the reply, it is appreciated.
I have used Family Historian since version 2, but I haven't used the map functionality until I was asked for this info recently.
Thanks again
Kevin

Jane
Site Admin

Post by Jane » 30 Nov 2017 08:21

Mike's ideas are good. Don't forget you can have multiple marker sets on a map so I often map my different lines in different colours.
Jane
My Family History : My Photography "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."