* Recording dna matches

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile
Linda Roos
Silver
Family Historian: V6.2

Recording dna matches

Post by Linda Roos » 29 Nov 2017 16:06

I am not sure how to use the dna marker fact. I see that it gives the sentence "he/she tested his/her dna in ..." That is fine. But what markers? And why place and address?
What I would like is a way to attach dna matches to a dna fact. A bit like you can attach witnesses to a marriage or baptism. In the note field you could then add information on shared cM etc. This would then show up in reports I guess?
Is it possible to make something similar to witnesses but then call it dna matches?

tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V6.2

Re: Recording dna matches

Post by tatewise » 29 Nov 2017 16:19

Hi Linda.

The DNA Markers custom fact was added to FH in its Extended Set primarily for Family Tree Maker and Ancestry migrants.

However, it can be highly customised via Tools > Fact Types where the Place and Address fields can be inhibited, and the Sentence Template redefined, and a Witness Role added for DNA Matches.

See Knowledge Base > Custom Facts from other Products and Knowledge Base > Narrative Report Fact Sentence Templates which also mentions Witness Roles and their Sentence Templates.

However, bear in mind that only Narrative Reports include Witness Role details.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry