* Can I synchronise my static desktop to a mobile laptop ?

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
aaj1945
Diamond
Family Historian: V6.2

Re: Can I synchronise my static desktop to a mobile laptop ?

Post by aaj1945 »

Morning Tatewise and Happy New Year.

The synchronisation of Laptop to Desktop and vice versa using OneDrive has been completed and tested using Family Historian in both directions, with new data and new media and all is running well.

Refering to the FHUG Knowledge Base sheet on Sychronisation using OneDrive: After the 5 bullet points, in the next 2 paragraphs the procedure calls for Backup and Restore FH Settings and Registry Data. I believe that, in my specific case, this was done during the earlier migratin stage and does not need to be repeated. Do you agree?
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Post by tatewise »

In the short term I agree, but as soon as you modify any customisation settings on one PC, then that Plugin will need to be used to migrate the settings from that PC to the other PC.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
aaj1945
Diamond
Family Historian: V6.2

Post by aaj1945 »

Morning Tatewise, thanks for the confirmation.

Yes, I understand from what you have said previously, the need to migrate settings using your plugin, if I modify customisations in the future.

Thank you very much for your help.